As part of the Olympics 2012 legacy, the Government have committed to give each school funding for PE. The additional funding provided from the Department for Education is a lump sum of £16,000 plus an additional £10 per pupil. Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will enable us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, entering into more competitive sports competitions and training our staff to deliver in-house quality PE sessions.
Uses of the funding will include:
- Providing opportunities for pupils, who otherwise would not participate, to get involved in physical activity.
- Providing sustainable extra-curricular and inter-school opportunities so our children have a wider access to PE and Sport.
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside and up skill primary teachers to deliver high quality PE
- Paying for professional development opportunities for staff to deliver high quality PE and sport.
- Sports Resources / equipment.
- Providing opportunities for children to access a wider range of inclusive sports/physical activity such as football, athletics, gymnastics, skipping, karate, lazy town, multi skills etc.